Powered By Blogger

mandag den 23. april 2012

The Artist

The Artist
"The Artist" was one of the most wonderful films of 2011. Just the idea of making a black and white silent film in 2011 is beyond brilliant in my opinion, but also being able to win over so many people in a time almost exploding with technology, it's simply fantastic. If a silent film sounds old and boring to you, then I suggest you give "The Artist" a try. I bet it'll change your mind and who knows; maybe you'll even love it just like the rest of us. "The Artist" is a wonderful tribute to the history of cinema and everyone with an interest in film owes it to themselves to see it. (9 out of 10)

2 kommentarer:

  1. I decided to skip this one. All the hype put me off, plus, black and white silent films just ain't my cup of tea. Same thing happened with another BEST PICTURE winner from 3 years ago - The Hut Locker. I had zero interest in it.

    SvarSlet
  2. Ahh, you should see this one. I knew I had to see this, because I like old silent films. For instance I think Chaplin's "The Kid" is a wonderful film. As for "The Hurt Locker". Well, I saw that one and wasn't blown away by it. The hype of that one was definitely an American thing.

    SvarSlet